OK - here it is! Your chance to participate in the 2011 State Fair Challenge!
- To participate you must be a follower of this blog (if you aren't already please sign up).
- Post a comment on this post ONLY telling me your own personal challenge for a. entries (could be by month or total) or projects you want to complete and b. which fair you plan to enter (can be state, county or other local/regional fair/expo)
- From now through September 2011 share photos on the 2011 State Fair Challenge Flikr site to show off your progress and to be entered for monthly prizes (still working on this but there will be prizes).
- Any type of entry that would be allowed at your fair would be great! Foods, fabric and threads, great vintage finds for heritage, horticulture, floriculture, livestock, creative arts/crafts, etc.
- This challenge is open to adult and youth entries (open class, 4H and FFA). However - NO using this for marketing purposes! Keep it fun and encourage others.
- Grab a button (on my sidebar) and let others know about the fun!
What else do you need to know?
- Each month I'll do a parade of my favorite projects in the blog and highlight your work - if you have a blog I will link back to your blog.
- Each month you'll be able to choose a favorite project from the Flikr site (People's Choice sort of thing).
- The People's Choice winner will receive a small prize. Since I have no sponsors I'm working this out - it may be a simple Border's Card for now or something I made - but there will be something!
Anything else exciting in the works?
Glad you asked! Coming Soon:
- The last Wednesday of every month you will be able to submit your favorite Fair Photo or Story in a Linky Party type format (yeah, I'm still working on figuring this out but should be fun).
- A Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange (right now thinking just recipes but if anyone wants to do an actual swap comment or e-mail me)
What - still not fun and interesting enough? Well, send me your comments and suggestions (be nice please) and we'll see what we can do!