Let' play guess the Dr. Seuss book!
Starting top left and going across and down.
- Fox in Socks - blue goo, poodle noodles, and three cheese trees
- Yes, I even put together a quick centerpiece with a box and socks, some chicks, bricks and blocks. Amazingly, of all Grants many stuffed animals, he does not have a fox. A skunk and a raccoon but no fox.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - pink ink (strawberry milk) and multi colored fish crackers. And something named Clark but we didn't get him in a park, or in the dark.
- Green Eggs and Ham - enough said (Clark loved them)
- Green Eggs and Ham - who said the egg jello molds are just for Easter
- Bartholomew and the Ooblek - do not EAT! But so much fun!
We've had lots of reading and food fun this week! Who knew a Google web search for Seuss snacks would yield so many ideas. Some of my favorites came from My Delicious Ambiguity.
After making the broccoli "trees" with cheese cubes I realized I could have made a cheese sauce or dip or even just sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. Luckily my boys like raw broccoli and anything stuck together with toothpicks.
Since most of you will read this post tomorrow (Thursday) I thought I would share my go to "poodle" noodles recipe. Otherwise known as Italian noodles. This recipe comes from the 30 Day Gourmet:
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Add softened butter in pot, put noodles back in, toss to coat. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
As you can see they were a big hit - especially with some peas mixed in.
Addie can't do noodles yet but she is beginning to enjoy a few small, melt in your mouth finger foods. Addie will be like her brother Grant. She wants to feed herself.
Yesterday we made Oobleck after reading the book. AWESOME. Basically 1 part water to 1.5 - 2 parts cornstarch. This makes a non-Newtonian fluid. Acts as a fluid when poured, as a solid when force is acted upon it. It's the weirdest stuff. Here's a good site for info.
Today we worked in some frogs for "leap" day!
This made Grant happy since he's a big fan of frogs!