Thursday, November 17, 2011

November Friday Night Sew In

Ahh - so desperately needed - a night of sewing.  Yep, the November Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) is tomorrow (see button on right side for link). 

OK - I realize I'm traveling back home tomorrow but I have some hand sewing planned that I can do when I get there (and get the kids settled in bed).  I plan to return home via Ames because the kids and I must stop at the Consignment Store - Clark has absolutely NO pants that fit him.  The children's consignment store just happens to be on the same block as my favorite quilt store so we may have to make another stop as well.

My sewing project is actually Grant's Christmas gift.  Grant is currently into using anything he can find to go "fishing" with.  The plan is to make some cute felt fish with little magnets in their bellies so Grant can go fishing.  Yes, I believe in imaginative play but I am also tired of searching for my good cloth tape measure every time Grant goes on a fishing trip!



Thinking something like this from this blog.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love this idea! My 4yr old would love these, thanks for sharing!