Saturday, November 19, 2011

November FNSI Results

Well, quite frankly I didn't accomplish much sewing at grandma and grandpa's house last night.  Not because I went to bed early knowing I had to feed a baby a couple times during the night (nope that would have been smart).  Had to watch the riveting ISU vs Oklahoma State game - and scream and yell with my mom (not even caring if we woke all the kids up).  Because GO STATE! What a game - still on a Cyclone high today!

Anyway here's what I did accomplish.  I actually did this shirt early Friday AM before boys were up and before we left. 

Yes, a little geeky Thanksgiving humor - but little Addie will be sporting her new Pumpkin Pie (pi) shirt this Thanksgiving.


After the boys were in bed and during the less exciting part of the football game I did manage to get a bunch of fish cut out for my fishing game Christmas gift for Grant.  Today I nabbed some washers from dad's stash to use inside of them that will hopefully easily latch onto the magnet on the fishing pole.

I don't have a photo but I also worked on some black suspenders for all three children (Grant needs them especially bad).  They are all cut out and ironed - ready to be sewn together.

I hope to cut out a few more fish tonight.  Grant is working on colors right now so we are going to do a fish in all the major colors.  I also have some iron on felt numbers so counting can be worked in too.  Might as well have it be a dual purpose gift - fun and educational!


3 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What a great gift idea! Numbers, colors, and fun. And made with Love!
Now that's a well used Friday Night :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the very clever "pie" shirt!

Ellen said...

Sounds like you had a busy, fun FNSI!