Thursday, April 28, 2011

Test Kitchen Thursday - Orange Cake



  • The following is a recipe I remember fondly from my youth.  My mom would make this cake on occasion.  It's a  yummy spring cake.  I decided to do an easy dessert for Easter dinner and this fit the bill.  And yes, this fits in the ISF category of cake mix fix-ups.  Although this cake has been around for awhile so I don't 
  • know that it would be something the judges consider original enough.

Mandarin Orange Cake

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package orange cake mix (I use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Orange Cake Mix)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

  1. Combine cake mix, eggs, 1 package of pudding, vegetable oil, and mandarin oranges and beat well for about 3 minutes.
  2. Bake in a 9 x 13 inch greased and floured pan for 30-35 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven.
  3. To Make Frosting: Fold pudding and pineapple into whipped topping and frost cake. Keep refrigerated.



1 comment:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

This sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing it!
I will let you know how it goes over here. :)