Tuesday, February 7, 2012

iPad test run - Blogsy

Last week I tried a different blogging app which did NOT work.  So, this week I'll try again using Blogsy.  It is an app I had to purchase but if it works it will be well worth it!

Here we go! I showed you the iPad cover I made for Alan.  Here is the cover I made for myself. Not quite as impressive but I still like it and it all came from my stash and scrap bag.

I did a ruffle/gathered front reworking a clutch pattern I found last year.

You can see on the back was my first attempt at free motion quilting.  Ha! Not great, but it was fun.  Obviously I need more practice and a lesson in thread tension.

Emailed my sister some fabric swatches this weekend to see if any tripped her trigger.  These things really go together rather quickly.  There are some great ideas and inspiration on Etsy, too.

Here is the fabric I plan to make into my second cover. I would have used this the first time (this fabric is very me) but I only had a fat quarter.  Finally found a yard on Etsy and snapped it up.  Since it is out of print it's getting harder to find.  It arrived last week. Now I need a trip to the store for more batting {sigh}.  That will have to wait for a run to Council Bluffs.

No comments: