This is a recipe I have been working on for awhile now. It has started to become a Saturday morning tradition. This is one yummy Blueberry Muffin. It bakes nicely, tastes wonderful (especially the crunchy topping) and it passes the freezer test (freezes and thaws well).
This recipe came from All Recipes.
- Used frozen berries; picked fresh last summer and frozen fresh - do NOT thaw berries first if using frozen; just add them in frozen
- Mix up the crumb topping before starting the muffins - make sure butter really mixes in and clumps other ingredients; use cold butter
- Line tins with liners and spray the liners
- recipe says it yields 8, I always end up with more
- Let them sit in tins for 5 minutes before trying to remove - topping is still pretty crumbly but yummy
I haven't perfected doubling the recipe yet but that is my next challenge with this recipe.
My apologies for the horrible photo. Still getting used to this new kitchen and the total lack of natural light. I know the first thing judges say at the Iowa State Fair is that we eat with our eyes first. That's why I try to provide nice photos but just didn't get results I wanted on this one.