Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 101 - Garden Day

After church and lunch, today was spent in the garden.  Alan tilled up another portion so we could plant the potatoes.  He cut and cured them last night with the boys so they were ready to go today.  Clark helped me plant the onions and admired the violas I tucked in the strawberry beds.  I finished off the evening by planting some marigolds around the potato plot.  I also raked the area (already tilled and ready) for the glads and Alan helped me lay out the grids for them.

I have learned that marking the end of rows with sticks may not be the wisest choice with a 3 year old that believes sticks are some of the best toys.  Luckily I do write all of the variety layouts on paper and save it in the house so I know what is where even if my markers all get moved around.

In addition, picked up lots of rocks.  I have quite a pile going.  Maybe I should take up rock collecting/polishing like my grandpa.  Well, at least that way I would have plenty of pretty jewelry pendants without having to buy them at the store.  Alan and I actually did find a few that were very pretty.

On the plan for this week:

  • Finish (bake and decorate) graduation cakes
  • Plant the first planting of glads
  • Plum jam
That may be all this week since we will be preparing to leave for the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in San Jose, California next Sunday.  However, tomorrow starts the 100 day countdown!  Let the entries begin!

No comments: