Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 126 -- Veggies

Today was a busy one - so didn't spend as much time as I would have liked.  I did sort through my seeds (old holdovers and my new ones that came a month ago).  Picked out my tomato seeds to plant with my 2 (nearly 3) year old tomorrow.  We had good luck with planting marigolds inside so thought we'd try starting some tomatoes as well.  Usually I only buy as seedlings but there are so many different varieties to try out there when you start from seeds yourself.  Some I just can't resist.  We'll see how it goes.  I figure if it doesn't work I'll just buy seedlings.

Need a helpful way to know when Iowans should do various garden chores and activities -- pick up a Garden Calendar at your local Extension office!  They don't cost much in comparison to the information you gain.

Mmm - can't wait for tomato season!

No comments: