Sunday, April 11, 2010

Days 123 & 122 -- Weekend Planning

This weekend I took my two young boys to visit their grandma and grandpa.  Where better to discuss recipes and get ideas than spending an afternoon with my mom?  It was great to spend time with family and to bounce recipe ideas off someone else!  Plus, the nearly 2 hour drive each way lent itself well to lots of though time (between renditions of the ABC's song and Itsy Bitsy Spider).

Wow, mom made a cake that I hadn't had since I was a child - fond memories and you may see a version in my cake (or maybe quick bread) entry list.

On the schedule for this week:

Monday -- Cinnamon Rolls & a CakeMix FixUp Cake
Tuesday -- Banana Nut Bread or Muffins
Wednesday -- Lay out garden plan on paper (and clean up garden if not wet)
Thursday -- No plans -- Iowa FFA State Leadership Conference (run Convention Office) -- although during free times I will be reading through the on-line Fair Booklets if they are available
Friday -- No plans -- Iowa FFA State Leadership Conference (run Convention Office)
Saturday -- No plans -- VEISHEA!
Sunday -- Back to planning out the next week!  And hopefully some gardening!

Today I baked bread for the week.  It is my oatmeal bread recipe that I absolutely love.  It is a definite must on my list of items for bread.  I also finalized my glad order and sent it in (200 corms on their way).  In addition, the boys and I went to a garden center today and purchased our onion sets and some pepper seeds.  Planted more tomatoes and some peppers in flats today.  My counter space above the dishwasher is now full.  Why there?  Well, the heat from the dishwasher helps with germination - granted it's not as constant as a grow mat but the grow mat is used to raise bread!

No comments: