Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 129 - Easter Egg Bake

Last night we put an egg bake together for Easter breakfast - it was quite yummy.  I think with a few minor modifications this will go on my entry list.  Well, that is if the egg bake class is kept for this year.  Last year we talked to one of the judges that judged the egg bake class.  She said they were good but not many entries.  Such a simple thing and can be done the night before and baked right before the contest -- makes it a potential in my book!

Used fresh eggs from my chickens and ham from our pigs - it was delicious!  I think add in some garden peppers and onion and that would help the recipe.  And why I didn't put mushrooms in (I put mushrooms in everything) beats me - but those will go in next time around.  All of the veggies nicely sautéed of course!  Also, found I should have used a smaller pan or doubled the recipe.  Plus, I have never entered foods that should be served warm to the ISF so this will be a learning experience for me.  I will have to figure that one out since I have a good hour from house to fairgrounds plus add time for getting in the gates and checking in the entries.

It was still a great success!  Our 11 month old gobbled it right up and the (almost) 3 year old liked it too!  Great breakfast just before Easter service.

Happy Easter!

No comments: