Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 57 - Black & White

Mmmm - brownies!

Really I could just end the blog post today at that.  These have two components the chocolate macadamia nut portion and the cream cheese white chocolate portion.  Mix together and yummy!  Although looks like my marbling technique could use some help.  I'm sure out of a 9x13 pan I can cut and find 4 good looking little brownies.  It still has a chocolate glaze but that will go on just before the day of judging.  Best part about bars and brownies - they are easy (although this recipe had a lot of steps), put aluminum foil in the bottom of the pan and NO clean-up - plus it is already half way wrapped for storage.  Most bars and brownies freeze extraordinarily well and can be stored for 2 - 3 months.

I absolutely LOVE brownies!  This is why I allowed the boys a tiny sample around the edge (which I wouldn't use for competition anyway) and the rest went in the freezer.  Again, boys approved the recipe - not sure they have ever not approved a recipe.

No comments: