Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 71 - More Garden

Planted the beans and sweet potatoes today!  In addition, weeded 2 rows of strawberries and got one completely mulched.  And since it was calm this morning I did some Round-up weeding in the fence around the garden.

A friend brought over some dahlias today for planting but it looks like they will have to wait until after this round of storms/rain.  I have to remember how to grow dahlias (hopefully it all comes back to me but it has been nearly 5 years since growing them).

Picked up some blackberries and raspberries on sale today and will put them in later this week.  My black raspberry patch (seeded completely by our wild birds) behind the house is looking very berry laden.  Yummy!  The sour cherry tree is also looking very full this year.  I have never done much with the sour cherries other than freeze them but I think this year I will try some jam and pie filling.

No comments: