Saturday, November 6, 2010

Give Thanks Banner


I am thankful that my Give Thanks Countdown Calendar is finished before Thanksgiving!  This pattern is from Everyday Celebrations by LeAnne.  You can also find lots of her super cute patterns at her Etsy Shop.


This was the first major project I did on grandma's Bernina since getting it back from the shop.  Wow!  The machine is so quiet and runs so smooth.  It treated the felt like it was no problem at all!  I really love this little banner and hope it will become a nice family tradition; maybe even heirloom.

I've considered putting together an Advent Calendar but I think I'll do that project next year.  We have the Fisher Price Little People Nativity Advent Calendar that works well for a 1 and 3 year old.  This year when we visited the Mall of America we stopped by the LEGO store and picked up the 2010 LEGO Advent Calendar too - so, I think we're set for this year.  But, I'm filing all those cute Advent Calendar ideas I'm starting to see on-line for the 2011 season!

Looked up the Iowa State Fair entry list (2010 list) and there is a class for Sewing for the Home - Holiday Decoration.  Unless I put together something I like better this fits the class (and makes #3 for November)!

No comments: