Monday, November 22, 2010

This is what happens when . . .

. . . it's cold and you're making wreaths in a garage and your rear end gets too close to the propane tank heater.  Arghh - those were my wonderful red Carhart coveralls!  So mad at myself.  The worst part - I didn't even know I was on fire.  My husband starts yelling - Andrea - you're smoking - no, you are on fire!  Blast.

Meanwhile - 100+ wreaths on the trailer (made by me, my brother and my husband) ready to go north today.

. . . your 3 year old sees you with an odd contraption and fruit - he must also try it out.  OK - anytime I'm in the kitchen my kids think it's interesting so I love that!

. . . Grandpa Spencer delivers pears and you still have apples sitting around and SOMETHING has to be done with them before Thanksgiving!  I decided to make pear apple butter.  I love apple butter but the addition of pear adds a new layer of flavor that is quite good.  Plus, one more November addition to my 2011 entry list.

. . . you unexpectedly win a great giveaway from participating in the Friday Night Sew In (thanks Heidi and Bobbi - and their sponsor Me and My Sister Designs).  Clark is excited we're getting snowman fabric (and likes the flowers too).  And my husband wonders why I secluded myself in the sewing room last Friday.  Actually, not for the free giveaway (still can't believe random number generator picked my number - so excited) but to get things done and unwind from a busy week.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Gabe did that two years ago with the heater...in fact Ty is wearing the coat that has the singe marks this year let's hope we don't have another repeat!