Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 26 - Let the Garden Grow!

As much as I am not a fan of hot weather - as an agronomist I appreciate what it does for plants.  At this point my garden is going nuts.  Case in point:




This is a view of our back yard - full of vines.  I am not sure how many there are but they have completely taken over the new landscaping I put in this spring.  Actually they are providing some nice shade to some of my delicate new landscape plants.


I always loved how our neighbor down the road when I was growing up incorporated vines around the farmyard - just where ever.  I think it's fun and if you have the space - why not?

After picking up my new computer this afternoon (yay!) I ran to the quilt shop to pick out some fabric to make a totebag.  The woman who helped me was so good.  She helped me find exactly what I was looking for to go with my vintage 1960's fabric.  Can you pick it out?


Fabric I found in my mom's stash at some point.  She thinks they were old curtains - makes sense because I have a lot of it.  You should know mom, the lady in the quilt store said this type of fabric is making quite a comeback right now - it's in again!  Why I love shopping at the quilt store - got some fabulous ideas I might not have thought of on my own.  Like fussy cutting the floral print for the inside pockets - making flower pockets.  How cool is that?  Washing the fabric now to work on tomorrow.

This morning at the library I picked up some books on baking as well as a book on finishing off my crib quilt.  I am just a nervous wreck when it comes to finishing it off.  I think I found an idea I'd like to try - hopefully I can get it finished yet this week.  This week is going to be a little nuts.  Alan and I will be cleaning like mad since IPTV will be out on Friday to do some taping.  Luckily they want to tape Alan too so less pressure on me and my entries.  Although if I'm doing beans Friday than that's what I'll be doing regardless of who is coming.  I am quite sure the beans will be ready to go this week.

Finally - here is Grant signing off for the evening!  He loves to snuggle with his bears when it's time for bed.  Have to catch the moments while I have them since they grow up way too fast!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love that fabric! I have vines growing everywhere, too -- a few volunteer grapevines and ornamentals. We also have a Wisteria vine that grows like crazy. It would cover our house if we didn't cut it back.