Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 41 - Noodles

Not too much new today.  Made sure we sent my husband's entry form in to the entry department.  Today was the entry deadline - either entered online or postmarked for the Iowa Family Living book!  Was a little weird doing it the old fashioned way but was the only choice we had since we have been without a debit/credit card for the past 3 weeks.  Our number was compromised so a block was put on the cards (luckily before anything bad happened to our account).  So, back to checks until the new cards get here (hopefully soon).

Picked another 2 quarts of black raspberries.  I think this will be the last of our berries for the year.  I believe I will make this last batch into jam.  Hope to get over to the Berry Patch Farm tomorrow to pick blueberries and red raspberries.  If time allows some red currants as well.  When I lived in Germany my host mom made the best red currant jelly - elderberry jelly was a close second.

We are happy to have daddy home!  We have him all to ourselves for the next four days.  Before we get more rain I believe garden and lawn will be of high importance the next two days.  Then processing the berries.

I must say THANK YOU to all my friends and family that have offered me tea pots to use.  I still haven't determined exactly what to do for the class but I'm working on it and I really appreciate all the help and support given!  Tonight we had friends over who are also entering floriculture at the ISF.  Their table is "College Reunion."  Lots of red and gold!  We discussed ideas for our various arrangements and designs.  I think I have a little better handle on what I want to do now.  I am really excited about putting together the table design!

Now for a little fun.  When I downloaded these photos tonight I just couldn't resist:






One can so easily follow his thought process!

No comments: