I finally finished a pumpkin cross stitch. On the weekend I decided I should do something with the finished piece. I remembered I had a box of miscellaneous frames in the barn - one of those auction things that sometimes ends up coming in handy (box of old frames for $2.00).
I forgot to take a picture of the beginning frame. But you can kind of see the old gold color on the frame insert below.
I love the new options in spray paint that are available now. I used Rustoleum's finished bronze for the frame. I actually bought the paint for another project (some cabinet door handles) but it worked great for this too!
After spray painting the frame I took some old orange paint I had sitting around and painted the white piece.
Ta Da! Very cute - Clark's words! I should probably stretch the fabric but for the Halloween season it works for me.
Now for a random shot of Grant in his overall's. He was a enjoying the lovely day outside too!
Close up of the finished piece. I found it in my (very) old stash of cross stitch magazines. Which I keep adding to if I find some at a sale. This came from the Sept/Oct 1990 issue of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. Stitched on 14 Count Charles Craft Natural with suggested DMC colors. Now to upload my pumpkin to the 2010 Great Pumpkin Challenge photo site.